Enrique Becerra

Updated February 2013

E Becerra

One of my favourites, where you can find traditional Andalusian dishes prepared with local market fresh ingredients, under the careful eye of restauranteur and cookbook author Enrique Becerra.

As well as fabulous tapas, including daily specials, there’s an excellent selection of wines – especially sherries – by the glass. And the helpful and knowledgable staff are great at recommending interesting food and wine pairings.  Some of my favourite dishes are: an asparagus flamenquín (breaded & fried rolled aubergine with asparagus & cheese inside) garlicky grilled strips of beef, and filo-wrapped salt cod in ajo blanco.

The downstairs tapas area has just been renovated and has a fresh new look that will soon be accompanied by a fresh new tapas menu. There are also two dining rooms upstairs and, if you prefer the restaurant menu downstairs, no problem. Your table will set for full restaurant service.

c/Gamazo, 2
tel. 954 213 049
Open 13.00 – 16.00 / 20.00 – midnight
Closed Sunday
webpage: www.enriquebecerra.com
Bar: € € €
Restaurant: € € € €

orange orange orange orange orange

becerra bar

becerra stairs

ajo blanco (cold garlic and almond soup)

bacon-wrapped langostines in sherry sauce

tender stewed carrillada (pig’s cheeks)

becerra windows

asparagus flamenquín

becerra bacalao ajoblanco salt cod in filo pastry served with ajoblanco & almonds

grilled goat cheese with caramalised onion

baby eels on toast with alioli

grilled beef tenderloin “Señor Marquez” with garlic

broadbeans (habas) with butifarra and fried quail egg

becerra prawn chipi brochetagrilled prawn & chipirone (squid) brochette

pastry filled with mixed wild mushrooms and langostines

becerra morcilla quail egg grilled morcilla de burgos (black pudding with rice) with quail egg

Enrique Becerra

selection of cookbooks written by Enrique

becerra pillar

becerra tapas tables

~ back to top

orange orange orange orange orange

Updated: February 2013

This entry was posted in Enrique Becerra and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Enrique Becerra

1. nursemyra says:

yummo. now I’m really hungry. don’t know if cereal is going to cut it after looking at these.

2. mark says:

The food is great, the waiters have to be the most unhappy group of people I’ve ever seen – the owner is very firendly with thte Spanish patrons – the head waiter pretends that English does not not exist – great food – served by waiters chewings on lemons! Smile for Christs sake!

3. azahar says:

Hi Mark – we’ve certainly had quite different experiences with the waiters there. :)

To me all the staff are very warm and welcoming and have always treated me like ‘family’. And when I started this blog they were all keen to get in on the act and have their photos taken (all smiling). I’ve yet to meet the owner, which is curious considering the number of times I’ve been there.

4. Wabi Sabi says:

Great place, best food. Love to go there for tapas, as you did, and find how simple things become delicious.

5. Mercedes Roca says:

Me ha encantado la receta, la probaré y os cuento en breve, gracias por compartirla :) Saludos

6. Enrique Becerra says:

To Mark:

Hi Mark. I’m Enrique Becerra, the owner ot the restaurant. Excuse me my elemental english. Reading your commentary i has been the impression that you are talking about another place, because one of the best atractive things of my restarant is the service; but, everybody has a bad day and, probably, you have enter in one of those.

I want to invite you to repeat the visit and say that you are Mark just at the end of the meal. The bill, of course wil be free.

Best regards.
    Enrique Becerra.

7. azahar says:

Hi Enrique!

Thanks for stopping by. The comment you replied to was made four years ago so not sure if Mark is still reading. And, reading my reply to Mark, it was also before I met you! Which I think happened shortly afterwards.

I wonder if now you’ll have all kinds of people showing up saying that they are Mark. ;)